Saturday, July 18, 2009

New Trend





I was driving home from work at 2 am last night decided to stop for Wendy's in Carrboro first for a quick late-night snack. Immediately upon entering the "alternate lifestyled" village, I was bombarded with what looks to be a new trend...

Neo Hippies are riding their bikes home from the bar to escape potential DUI's.

There were swarms of them, most flocking together, pants rolled to mid-shin in a typical fashion. Sometimes the random dreadlocked dude would swerve alone into oncoming traffic, his reaction time eventually telling him to move back, narrowly missing my grill. The groups seemed to be enjoying themselves, no doubt reveling in the potions of such establishments as the Open Eye Cafe or the Speakeasy... staples of the neo-hippie Carrboro lifestyle.

I would try that out, but I forgot that I don't own a bike, and that would ruin my favorite drinking game: driving, yayy!

No comments:

Post a Comment