Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Foray Into Stand Up Comedy


My wife dragged me to a WNBA game recently. Don't ask me why. She either played basketball in high school or was really into Tori Amos, I don't remember which. Anyway, the game was dull as shit, but the people around us were really into it. Were these people on drugs? Who gets this excited over missed layups? It wasn't until the third quarter that I realized we were sitting in the players' wives section.

crickets crickets

Have you seen the new WNBA ad campaign on ESPN? It's kind of misleading. They show all of these highlights and add phrases like "expect skill" and "expect excitement." More like "expect no dunks" or "expect 54-32 final scores," or better yet, "accept shitty basketball."

crickets crickets

I mean one of their best players just had a baby. I'm talking of course about Candace Parker. This is an abomination and could never happen in male sports, Manny Ramirez notwithstanding. Ohhhhh he went there. It's hilarious!!! Showtime at the Apollo.

No comments:

Post a Comment