Friday, May 1, 2009

Just so I know I'm not crazy


I've been hearing a lot about this crazy Swine flu that is putting our country into a frenzy...but I do not understand. Here's why:

NOTE: THIS IS THE NORMAL FLU (INFLUENZA for all you nerdies out there)

"Every year in the United States, on average:

  • 5% to 20% of the population gets the flu;
  • more than 200,000 people are hospitalized from flu-related complications; and
  • about 36,000 people die from flu-related causes

Symptoms of flu include:

  • fever (usually high)
  • headache
  • extreme tiredness
  • dry cough
  • sore throat
  • runny or stuffy nose
  • muscle aches
  • Stomach symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, also can occur but are more common in children than adults"
Now this flu is normally treated with antibiotics or a vaccination-a very simple process.

Ok. onto Swine Flu-I know its early but here are the statistics in the U.S. thus far:

TOTAL COUNTS: 141 cases. 1 death

I'm no mathematician, but even if those numbers were extrapolated for the entire year they wouldn't be close to the seasonal flu.

Furthermore:
"Symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. The 2009 outbreak has shown an increased percentage of patients reporting diarrhea and vomiting."

"Recommended for treatment of swine influenza A (H1N1) virus infection are the same as those recommended for seasonal influenza"

Overall-I blame it on the communists


But it does give me a lot of new ideas for an Adult Film :)

No comments:

Post a Comment