Friday, February 6, 2009

Kyle Singler's Diary

No, I'm not making this up.

Posted: February 4, 2009
Kyle Singler
For Sporting News Today

Going into the Super Bowl, I was rooting for Arizona because I like Kurt Warner. I was a Rams fan when they were good, and I was following his story from back when he was working for the grocery store. I was fan of that, and Arizona was an underdog in this game. I thought they were playing well and they'd get the Steelers even though they have good defense.

It was a heartbreaker at the end. I had a lot of trash-talking going back and forth with my dad, and a lot of my friends were Steelers fans, so I was kind of rooting against my friends. My cousin, Logan, plays football for Oregon State, and we were texting. When Arizona was up, I was feeling good about myself, and then Pittsburgh put together that nice drive -- Santonio Holmes had the nice catch at the corner of the end zone. It was a tough loss.

It shows the game's never over until the clock hits zero. You just never know. Arizona put together a good comeback, and your Super Bowl ring can go away like that. I think that's a good lesson to be learned. I felt bad for Arizona. I thought Pittsburgh blew it with all the penalties.

I watched the game with Nolan (Smith) in our room. We were just hanging out. And a couple of our dorm buddies were there. We had a practice earlier in the day, so it was just a chance to hang out afterward in our room and chill. We actually have a pretty nice TV -- maybe a 32-incher that I got from my parents for Christmas. We had popcorn, food, pizza. We were drinking pop. The room got messy.

I played football in high school, and I loved to play the game. I was a wide receiver my freshman and sophomore years, and I played quarterback my junior year. But defense was my favorite. I didn't play in my senior year, though. I wanted to focus on basketball, and I knew we were going to have a good team. Winning our state championship was very important to me, and I wanted to focus on that.

I have a few uncles who played college football, and my dad played, so there are a lot of football fans in our family. I'm not a big pro football fan, but I love the big event. So you've got to watch the Super Bowl.


Link

No comments:

Post a Comment